Video Contest Terms and Conditions
- NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: This Contest is only open to those who are 13 or older and have a Facebook/Instagram account or YouTube Channel as of the date of entry. The Contest is open to legal residents of all states of Australia, and is void where prohibited by law. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Halco as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Contest.
- Contest Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on Tuesday, December 1, 2020 at 8:00 a.m. WST and ending on Wednesday, March 31, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. WST.
- How to Enter: The Contest must be entered by submitting an entry using the link/tab “Content Creation Competition” on the Halco website https://www.halcotackle.com/pages/ccc. The entry must fulfill all Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Halco. You must provide all the information requested. You may not enter by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules.
- Prizes: There will be ONE (1) Overall Winner and FOUR (4) Runners Up. The Runner’s Up winners will receive each a $500 value prize pack gift card. There will be ONE Grand Prize Winner. The Grand Prize Winner of the Contest will receive lures, apparel to the value of $2500. The specifics of the prizes shall be solely determined by Halco. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Halco’s discretion. The prize is non transferable. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Halco to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Selection and Notification: The video(s) judged the best by Halco Tackle management exclusively at the end of the contest period wins the Grand Prize and the four Runner’s Up prizes. Winners will be notified by email and/or telephone the day of selection of Winner. Halco shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, or fails to claim the prize within 7 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, an alternate Winner will be selected by Halco management.
- Rights Granted by You: By entering your video, You understand and agree that Halco, anyone acting on behalf of Halco, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Contest, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering your video, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, the entrant will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Halco. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Halco from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Halco may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right. You agree to be subscribed to receive promotional material from Halco Tackle via email. You can decide too unsubscribe at any time.
- Terms & Conditions: The Contest hosted by Halco is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook or Google. Halco reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Halco’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the competition. In such case, Halco may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Halco. Video entries must not constitute, facilitate, or promote illegal products, services or activities. Video entries must not discriminate or encourage discrimination against people based on personal attributes such as race, ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family status, disability, medical or genetic condition. Videos must not promote the sale or use of tobacco products, related paraphernalia, illegal, prescription or recreational drugs, unsafe supplements as determined by Facebook in its sole discretion, weapons, ammunition, or explosives. Video entries must not contain adult content, including nudity, depictions of people in explicit or suggestive positions, or activities that are overly suggestive or sexually provocative. Videos must not contain shocking, sensational, disrespectful or excessively violent content. Video entries must not contain deceptive, false, or misleading content, including deceptive claims, offers, or fishing practices. Halco reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who violates these Terms & Conditions. Halco has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void entries for any reason, including, but not limited to: the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Halco reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Halco and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS Contest IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF the Commonwealth of Australia AND the State of Western Australia, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Western Australia having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Obtaining Rules: To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Halco Tackle Company at PO Box 1205, Fremantle, Western Australia 6959. Requests must be received no later than Friday, March 19, 2021 at 11:59 a.m. WST.
- By checking the box on the online entry form (and submitting your video), You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all the Official Rules.
CLICK HERE TO GO BACK TO THE ENTRY PAGE